Trails is a therapy center specializing in individualized pediatric services such as Speech-Language therapy, Occupational therapy as well as Reading Intervention and Special Education (SPED). We also offer small-group classes such as Social Thinking, Executive Functions, School Readiness and Toddlers Playdate. Our family is composed of therapists who are all licensed/certified professionals and are graduates of top universities. We are proud of our support personnel from our Front Desk Officers to our Maintenance Staff. Together, we give a unique brand of love that has touched the lives of parents and children we have served over the years.
Trails has been voted for three consecutive years as the Best Affiliation Center by UST Speech Pathology Interns. We serve as one of the training centers for interns from UP Manila, UST, Cebu Doctors’ University and De La Salle Health Sciences Institute. It is our calling to teach and to share whatever knowledge and experience we have to help produce quality therapists.
It is our vision to create a child-friendly environment where children are guided to achieve their fullest potential.
Trails has come a long way since it was established in 2003 from the living room of its founders. Currently, Trails has four branches: the first one in San Pedro, Laguna, another in Dasmariñas, Cavite, in Sampaloc Manila and its newest branch in Shaw Mandaluyong. More branches will be opened in the coming years as we carry out our mission of serving more families with children needing intervention.
MISSIONTo guide children in discovering their gifts
VISIONA leading Filipino brand in Child Development by 2028.
- DO IT WITH LOVE. We are passionate in everything that we do. No matter how small or big the task is, we pour love into it. This is the only way we know how because love is our identity.
- BETTER TOGETHER. One is too small to achieve greatness. We believe that through collaboration with parents, teachers and other professionals, much progress is achieved.
- ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE. We greet each day with gratitude in our hearts. We are grateful for the things that happened to us, the highs and the lows, the gains and the pains. With this outlook, we expect overflowing of blessings.
- WITH HUMILITY COMES WISDOM. We are students. We will keep on learning so we can give more. We are servants. Serving others makes us experience the fullness of life. We are seekers. We are desperate for God to fill us with His love.
- that every child is unique. They differ in physical, social, emotional, intellectual characteristics as well as their learning styles, interests and pace of maturation.
- that children learn by doing. All children have an innate potential for growth that develops through active interaction with the environment.
- in the value of process-oriented learning. Especially during the early childhood phase of life, the process of learning is more important than the product.
- in the value of play. Play is an effective means whereby children’s basic potentials may be developed.
- that children with special needs are children first. They can develop their fullest potential in an environment that is accepting of differences and where adults strive to meet each child’s individual needs.
Teacher Weng is the immediate past president of the Philippine Association of Speech Pathologists (PASP). She is an advocate of children with special needs, wife to Ern, a mother to Christian Andrew and a child of God.
Born in Albay, on the 11th of August, Teacher Weng is the third daughter of Nelson and Eloisa Arao. She is a graduate of the University of the Philippines, Manila (UPM) with a degree in Speech Pathology and finished her Masters degree in Reading Education in UP Diliman. She presented her research paper on “Language and Reading Skills of Filipino Children with Dyslexia” at the Pan Asian Learning Disability Conference in 2007.
Her thesis in college is now the foundation of the proposed Speech Language Pathology Bill, which is an act regulating the practice of Speech Language Pathology in the Philippines.
She is very passionate about sharing her knowledge and experience in child development through her blog, TeacherWeng.com.
April 2018 marks her 25th year as a practicing Speech-Language Pathologist. Teacher Weng has handled children with speech and language disorders secondary to autism spectrum disorder, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, intellectual and learning disorders, apraxia, and other developmental disabilities. She also provides reading intervention sessions on individualized and small-group settings.
Her passion includes mentoring young teachers and therapists, traveling and playing with her son Christian Andrew.
Sir Ern has been in the corporate world for more than 20 years, working at several positions and roles. A Certified Public Accountant and an IT Professional, he is in charge of establishing processes and systems that make Trails run smoothly.